12 MONTHS MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY FOR ROOME HARDWARE AND ACCESSORIES
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
This warranty applies to ROOME products supplied by Roome Australia Pty Limited.
The benefits given by this Warranty are in addition to other statutory rights which you may be entitled to under the Australian Consumer Law or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand), and other applicable consumer protection laws and regulations.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Subject to the terms and exclusions below, Roome Australia Pty Limited (“Roome”) warrants to the original consumer purchasing the Product (“you”) that, for a period of 12 (twelve) months from the date of the purchase of the Product by you, the Product will be free from defects in materials, workmanship and manufacturing. If, having inspected the Product, Roome determines that the warranty claim is valid, Roome will, at its option, either repair or replace the part causing the defect, or replace the relevant element of the Product without charge.
This warranty does not cover:
- software (whether included with the Product at the time of purchase or not);
- accessories, peripherals or other items that are intended for use with the Product but are not manufactured by or for Roome (whether included with the Product at the time of purchase or not);
- the Product if it was not supplied by roome in either Australia or New Zealand;
- the Product if it has been resold, or used for;
- defects in the Product that are caused by accidental damage, your and/or any third party’s negligence, unreasonable use, modification, use with products not supplied, licensed or authorised for use with the Product by Roome (including, but not limited to, non-licensed game enhancements, copier devices, adapters, power supplies or non-licensed accessories), computer viruses or connecting to the internet or other forms of electronic communication, use of the Product otherwise than in accordance with the instructions in the respective Roome Operations Manual or any other instructions which Roome makes available (the “Roome Documentation”), or any other cause unrelated to defects in materials, workmanship or manufacturing;
- defects in the Product that are caused by the use of faulty, damaged or leaking batteries or battery packs, or any other use of batteries or battery packs not in accordance with the instructions in the respective Roome Documentation;
- dirty/contaminated electrical contacts;
- liquid/moisture damage;
- wear and tear;
- gradual decrease over time in the capacity and performance of rechargeable batteries and rechargeable battery packs for the Product (which, for the avoidance of doubt, will not be deemed to be a defect in materials, workmanship or manufacturing of the Product);
- the Product if it has been opened, modified or repaired by you or any other person not authorised by Roome, or if the Product has its serial number or compliance label altered, defaced or removed;
- loss of any data that has been loaded onto or stored on the Product by any person or company other than Roome or its authorised partners;
- loss of data or any other content, such as software, as a result of formatting the memory of the Product; or
- loss of data or any other content as a result of deleting any account registered or linked to the Product.
- HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
Before returning the Product for assessment, visit our website www.roome.net.au for product support and service information, or contact Roome Customer Service using the details below:
Roome Customer Service
Australia: (02) 9437 6124
Hours of operation: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDT).
Call charges vary. Check with your telecommunications provider.
When sending the Product to the Roome Service Department, please:
- use the original packaging where possible;
- do not use excessively oversized packaging;
- provide a description of the defect; and
- attach a copy of your proof of purchase, ensuring that it indicates the date of purchase of the Product.
Before sending the Product to the Roome Service Department, you should remove or delete any private or confidential files or data.
- LOSS OF DATA
You accept and agree that Roome will not be responsible for any loss, deletion or corruption of your files or data that has not been deleted or removed.
- REPAIRS NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY OR BY A CONSUMER GUARANTEE
If, after inspecting the Product, Roome determines that the defect is not covered by this warranty or by a consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law or Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (New Zealand), or that there is no defect, you will be liable for the cost of assessing the Product which is inclusive of shipping and/or handling costs. Should you wish Roome to remedy any defect not covered by this warranty or by a consumer guarantee, the price of such remedy will be quoted to you before any repair or replacement is carried out.
This Warranty is offered by Roome Australia Pty Limited located at 6 Northcote St, Naremburn NSW 2065. No other person or organisation is authorised to vary its provisions and conditions.